Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm beginning to look a lot like Mother."to the tune of Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

I'm beginning to look a lot like, Mother every where I go.,I am widening at the rear, I'm shorter every year,And i'm afraid to walk in the snow.I'm beginning to look a lot like Mother.Soon my hair will gray. It is startling thing to see, Mother looking out at me. From the mirror each day.I;m wearing sweaters with pictures of birdies and bunnies. And Happy Holiday scenes. I can't remember the last time I shopped for a pair of designer jeans.I a;m beginning to look a lot like Mother, every where I go. The years have begun to tell; My ankles began to swell;I got glasses when my eyes began to go.I'm beginning to look a lot like Mother; soon the aches will start.But I hope that what people see, when they see my Mom in me. Is a bit of her hearth,Such a happy  hearth.

1 comment: