Friday, September 16, 2011

Washington.





































Well I am back from Washington and had a very emotional and wonderful trip. We went to the Capital and had a tour. We sat in the gallery in the United States Senate.Learned a lot. Washington was under a code of alert, so we could not bring in a lot of stuff. Had to go trough metal detectors and scans. We saw most memorials,The Korean was very impressive. But the WII got me. We went in the dark at night and when you walk up to it you see all the States with a cord that ties them together and two fountains in the middle and waterfalls all around. When I stood there for a few moments alone I broke down. No one understands it unless you had connections with WII. Then some one from the bus hugged me, he understood the feeling. The next day we went to the Korean memorial ,the same man that hugged me before walked up to the memorial and did not make it.. He was crying, and I hugged him.It turned out he was from Dansville.I did a lot of hugging . The Veterans that where in wheel chairs and went to their memorial I hugged them and we cry ed. It feels so good to let loose.The Vietnam memorial was the same.Our bus was beautiful, it had a big eagle on the sides.It was a great trip.

1 comment: