Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where do the years go.

Mothers day has come and gone.I remember so many of them. My own Mother. I am the only girl of five children. In the Netherlands they started with Mother day when I was young, but not many celebrated it. But being a girl I did go to the fields and got my Mother flowers. Then after the war and I was working I would stop after work and get a nice plant or so.My Mother realy loved it.Later when I lived in the United States she told me how she missed it. In those early years here we did not have the money to send her flowers. Later I made up for it.I still have a pot with some flowers that I took home after she died.Also a dish with Love you Mom.. I have it on my table now to remember her.Then my children remembered me every Mothers day. My husband made sure. I still see him going with the girls to the store and get some little trinket or so. Coming up is Fathers day, the same as Mothers day girls always remember. It is hard for me to those days, amd I know also for my girls. But one thing I do know it is how you treat your family is more importend then the gifts. You have that always to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment