Thursday, August 20, 2009

Helping Friends.

Today I made my daiyly call to my friend Mary. She has been having a hard time the last three years with battling ovarian cancer. But she looks forward to my visits and calls. Today we talked about our earlyer days. We both grew up with four brothers. We both where the second in the lineup. And if you live then here our in Europe the way off doing things where much the same. We both complained about helping your Mother and doing all the stuff for your brothers. Sis polish my shoes, our sis iron my shirt. They never helped me with the dishes. I was a girl and that was your job. Then I married my husband and he was different. He did not mind helping me, and also I did not mind helping him.Washing the car and mowing was most my job, because I did not have a job. I was a staying home Mom. And I have loved it. How we started to talk about this subject was, today Mary's husband and son did the mowing and it bothered her that she can not do it anymore. So I told her Mary you deserve it. Let them spoil you. And we have a big laugh about it. I do know a little how she feels, but not really.But we are here to help and care for one and other. Mary has like I two brothers still alive.But they are the younger once and do not remember what we do.One good thing do we have learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment