Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unbroken.

Unbroken,that is the book I am reading now. A WWII story of survival, Resilience, and Redemption.When I got the book from Kim I did not want to say anything,but I had no interest in it. The writer is Laura Hillebrand.That sounds like a Dutch name. I knew some Hillebrands in the Netherlands.So the book has been laying there. All I could think a other one writing about WWII. It turned me of. But one day beeing bored I picked the book up and start to read. It was about a Italian-American sprinter. His name was Louie Zamperini.And the more I read the more I got in to it.He was born in 1917, and as a 12 old he saw the German Graf Zeppelin flying over his house. So that was history , and information for me. Louie got in to a lot af trouble, but his two year older brother helped him to become a sprinter. And in 1936 he went to the Germany with his American Olympic team. He also met Hitler.He then later when America was at war went in the service and became a luitenant and served in the Pacific war. So now I am deep in the story and I am getting a lot of information about the war in the other Ocean. So that shows you do not judge a story from the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment