Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An American journey.

We just came back from a four day trip to Arizona with my daughter Evie and husband Jim. Also my brother and wife from the Netherlands. I had a great time. I love to be with a younger generation. It brings back memories when I was younger. This trip also brought back a two week trip out west I did 11 years ago. I went with Globus. The trip was called Parks and Canyons Spectacular. We flew to Las Vegas. The next day we went to see Hoover Dam.To see the Dam in the Canyons was breathtaking.Then to the Grand Canyon. We stayed there and had dinner overlooking the Canyons.I flew in the Canyon with a small plane.Great.Then the trip took us through the Painted desert to Lake Powell, there we had a cruise dinner. Next day Zion Park. We took the beautiful scenic drive on the Mount Carmel Highway. Next day Bryce Canyon.I walked down in the red canyon. There were red and white towers and hoodoos. What a beauty, And off to Salt Lake city. This is Mormons country. We saw "This is the Place" monument of the Mormons . We also went to the Mormon temple.Next to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The next day we went rafting on the Snake river, it was wild.Then off to the Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone Park, There we saw Bisons and Moose. Then we drove trough Deadwood on to Lead. South Dakota. In deadwood we made a stop at Wild Bill Hickoks grave. Then off the Mount Rushmore. Next Rapid City. From there to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and then to Denver. So from Las Vegas to Denver we drove about 2500 miles. So go back to the see some off it brought back many memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment