Saturday, June 6, 2009

D Day June 6 , 65 years ago.

This morning I was glued to the T.V.,remembering the beginning of the end of W W II. I sat there and cryed my eye's out. Thousands of men died for my freedom. We did not know what was happening at Omaha Beach Normandy. We where not told anything. But to see this later and imagining what was going on, I can not tell you my feelings. Appriciation, respect and love, love for all those men who died. To most people it is just a ceremony, for me it is my life. Thanks, thank you all for giving you life. You will stay with me the rest of my life. After the war my husband and I visit you with all the white crosses in the Netherlands. This is what every American should visit if they are planning a trip to Europe. You get the feeling what a sacrifice it has been for our Country. Later in the U.S.A. I have met some widows, who's husbands are laying some place in Europe. While working at R.G.H. cancer center I met patient, men who where in W W II , and when they found out my history of the war they opened to me,because I did understand them. There family did not. It is easy to give your opinion about wars, but you do not know what wars are unless you have been there. Every soldier has lots of people who loved them, lets never forget that. I cry for you every memorial day p.s. Precident Obama's speech on Omaha beach Normandy was exellent today. June 6 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment