Friday, November 20, 2009

The meaning of Thanksgiving.

I know that Thanksgiving was a special day for the Indians to give thanks for the food they grown that summer.But Thanksgiving can have different feeling for different people. For me it means thanks for the many things trough the years, The thanks keeps on growing.My early years in life had many turns.My Dad was a hard worker and we where taking care of.My parents where loving but the burden grow more and more for them.Between 1923 and 1935 they had five children. The the war of 1940 started and every year it was harder for my parents to feed and dress us.My teens where gone. You lived from day to day.Then in 1949 my husband and I moved to the U.S.A.No money and no work. It was hard in the early years. The best thing was we had great love for one and other.That kept us going.Our lives got better and better. We lived very careful . I remember the first Thanksgiving by my in laws.It was a feast to see.But when I look back at some pictures from that time. How poor and homey we looked. But I never in my life seen a table like that.Through the years I learned to put on a Thanksgiving meal. Not always on Thanksgiving, but that did not matter, as long as we did get to enjoy a feast. I look back how happy my husband was to see them all around the table.So my Thanksgiving is now memories. They are good ones and I treasure them.But I do miss the old days and every year I miss my partner more and more.But life goes on. You have to, but again I will say I do have a lot to be Thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment