Saturday, January 8, 2011

Losing a dear friend

Today I went to a funeral service for a dear friend.A friend that goes back close to 60 years. It was in the neighborhood where we bought our first home. Close to No 11 school. Here is where Nancy started school. I did go to meetings and met this wonderful couple Ruth and Warren. They had two boy's my girls age. And we became friends. They are the ones that started us camping. One year they let us borrow their big tent and we got hooked. Trough the years we kept in touch. Four years ago I went to there 60 wedding anniversary. It was great, but then there health went down. He was in the Nursing home for a couple of years.In Oct. He had his 90 Birthday. What a man. My husband and I loved them both a lot.When I saw Ruth today I said ,here we are both without a husband, both we have a pace maker and walking with a cane. This is really the end of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment