Sunday, January 23, 2011

Proud to be a American


Yes I am even more proud today then ever.I am reading a book "The UnDutchables" by Colin White & Laurie Boucke. When I started I enjoyed it. It is a funny way looking at the Dutch. But the more I am reading I started to feel a little odd. No my people are not like that!But 90% they are right. It is so strange looking as a American back at the country I came from. Like I said 90% I agree with the writer. The 10% is the change in the Netherlands after I left in 1949.I have always said I did not like the way the Dutch criticize our Country. It is hard to put on paper how I realy feel. I love this land. People are general great and loving. The Dutch are holding back, unless they know you. Some how I get the feeling they think they are better.They are proud people, and they should be. A little Country like that has good repetition. But reading this book I do have to agree with him most of the time. He was writing about food, I just could not help it to laugh. What I always thought was unique Dutch food, Potatoos, Pannekoken [pancakes} and drop [licorice}, and then stampot this and stampot that.my outlook is different now.Coffie, and Tea time is so importend to them. Everything, every day the same time. It is cozy to visit, but I could not live like that any more. I am glad Kim gave me this book. I am proud to say I love the U.S.A. even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment