Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lost love.

I do not think it was love, but a crush. The person that was looking for me from Holland brought some memories back that I had forgotten.Our neighbor in the Talma Straat had a sister my age.By the way my neighbor married our neighbors son.Then when his parents died they became our neighbors. It was in the war so hard to find a place to live. Our country was standing still for 5 years.So the sister and I became friends. She lived about a hour on the bike from my house. So in the summer of 1943 I went home with her for a week. They lived on a farm. Her mother had died so she lived with her father and brother. We had a great time. Nice people. Her brother seem to like me and at 16 you love the attention from the a boy that is a couple years older.He was very nice to me and we had some good times. I got better meals that week and liked the attention. Until the end of the week I saw him in uniform. I could not believe it. He was one of the collaboraters of the Germans. A group for young people. Here I was liking a person, but not liking what he did. My Dad was hiding, my brother was in jail by the Germans and I was liking this man.I do not remember what ever happen to him. Did not see him again. And after the war people like him where punished or jailed.The next year when I was 17 I met my husband. and I never looked back. Completely got it out my mind, until I got this letter from Holland of this lady that told me she was a niece of my first love. His name was Henk.Now I wonder what happen to Henk. Is he still alive, Was he sorry what he did in the war? So the saga goes on. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment