Thursday, February 19, 2009

I also had 4 brothers. The first born was Fokke-Gerrit. Then me , then Gerrit , then Jan en the baby Luutzen. Gerrit and Luutzen are stil alive in the Netherlands. We spook Fries in our home, but at school it was Dutch. It is amazing how you can seperate that in your early years. When I was a small child my Father was a carpenter. Later he was a overseer at road work. And after world war 2 he start his own business. Contractor for roadwork. He started it with my money what I had in the bank. After the war no one had any money. Hitler took it all. We had to start from the beginning and looking back I was glad I could help my Dad.Also there was noting left in the Netherlands. Hitler took everything. On the train it was posted a Gift from the Dutch, but he stool it. I got married April 15 1948. We already had made plans to go to the U.S.A.But had to wait for a visa. Witch came in 1949. For me it was all new, but My husband had lived in the U.S.A. from his first birthday until he was 13. It was bad in the U.S.A. and the family said why don't you come back. My husband always said when we where going together I want to go back. So here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment