Friday, February 27, 2009

Today was a great day. My greatgrandson was born this afternoon. Frederick James. He was 8 lb. and 12 ounces. One special note on this date. My Grandmother was born on May 27, my mother was born on April 27, I was born in 1927,my daugther Louise was born onn Dec 27 and today is Feb.27. Just a little coinsedent.Today brings me back to when my girls where born.Nancy the eldest was born in the Netherlands. She was born homeand I had to stay a week in bed after she was born. Then 3 years later Evie was born in the U.S.A. I had to get up the next day, also with Louise. Believe me I felt a lot better to get up sooner.Thinking on a lot of things and ideas have changed. Some times for the better, but not always. I believe in that mothers if possible stay home with there childeren. I remember the times when my girls would come home from school and we sat by the kitchen table with a cup of tea, they where the times you could bring up your problems or happy things. I always looked for those times. Tea time in the Netherlands was every afternoon ar 3 o'clock. Now I special miss that get together. When you live alone you do not feel you want to make the fuss for yourself. But I have wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment