Friday, February 20, 2009

Today I was talking to a friend about ourCountry. How bad it is and he said we are going down and never come out it again. That made me thinking and I told him look at it this way. After world war 2 was over and I was in the Netherlands we did not have anything. Hitler took our food and money. We all where poor.Then thanks to the MarshalPlan, we had a beginning. Every one got a amount of money and verry slowley things got better. But when I left the Netherlands in 1949 it still was not much better, But then when we came back for a visit in 1955, we could see a lot difference in 10 years .I think what Obama is doing almost like a Marshall plan. I hope it works.Thinking back on those years of the war makes me some times sad. Thinking on my parents, Not have much food and not knowing how to dress the kids.I still see my mom mending socks over and over the same spot. No knitting was showing anymore . all mending. Going with my Mom when it was getting dark to a farmer to get a little milk. We had the bottles between our legs under our skirt. You hope you would not meet any soldiers ,our people who collaboratingwith the Germans.Then I think what a great live I had here. How blessed I am with my little great grand children. I do enjoy them so much. Also my grandchildren are a joy. I often say how can one person have so much love

No comments:

Post a Comment