Sunday, February 22, 2009

The meaning off Sunday

Today is a sunny Sunday. Later mabey some snow, but it is Febr. I am looking back on Sundays when I was young. My Mother was a faithfull reformd church goer. She was brought up with no religion. While my Dad was brought up with religion, when he was grown up he did not believe anymore. But to obey my Mother we had to go to church every Sunday. The best part for me was singing. I think when I was young I was going to be a singer. When I was a teenager I did belong to a mix choir. I sang Alto. Al that was gone when I came here. We had to start all over and singing was not on my mind. My husband did belong here to a special singing group at Kodak. He worked there most of his live. Go back to my church, when I came here I was suprised what the churches here do. Meals and Dancing. In Holland I could not Dance our play cards from the church, I could not sew a botten on my shirt. So I was brought up verry strickt.My three daughters all went to Sunday school here, but I never felt at home in the church. I have my believes. I believe in people and Love. I do not think the church will me a better person.I have loved what I have done with my live. 13 years of Girl scouts. Work in the P.T.A. and 38 years volunteer in the Cancer Center in Rochester General Hospital. Did has been my church. Now I have started to work in the scool of my town with helping first graders toread. Here I am did not speak one word of English when I came here, and now help others. This is a great country, if you are willing to help , there is a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment