Wednesday, March 18, 2009

bringing up childeren.

After Lucy's second birthday I was thinking of the time when her father was that age. Also when my daughters where that age.And slowly I went to my early years. Lots of differentces and still a lot of the same. When I was a child they times where bad. First the depression and then in 1940 Hitler took over our country. For five years it was so bad. Hitler took all our food out of the country and said a gift from the Dutch. Thinking of my Mother feeding five children and dressing them,how did she do it. The wory's she must had. Everything was standing still, we even went backwards. Remembering all the fighting in the air, the bombs being dropped, I just can not put my self in my Mothers place. My Mother would make supper and often we got potatos and beans mixed together and my brothers called it [stopverf] what means putty.Having to do without a lot, I even now can not see food being thrown away.I also think a lot of problems with my self dental, hearing and others have to do with bringing up in the war. So when I see my grandchildren worry about their children , I know my Mother did the same. It is funny how little I remember of my worry for my girl. I know I did for Louise. She had something going all her life and now one could pin it down. I know did has been a worry all my life.But looking back it shows that the main thing in our live is loving. I saw that in my parents and I see it in my grandchildren. And with every new baby in the family we are gaining more love.This we should use to make other people feel good about them self. Love they neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment