Friday, March 20, 2009

Funerals

Today I went for the thirth time this month to a funeral. Al people my age and that makes you think.I also think a lot of my Dad. This month it has been 25 years that he died. My husband and I went to Holland early March 1984.My Dad has been sick for a while, but he waited for me to come home. He needed a transfusion and did not want to go. But I finally talked him in to it. Told him he would feel better. He did go and after his first unit we went home. In the middle of the night we had a phone call from the hospital that with the second unit he had a heart atack. When we came there he said to me I can not more. And I told him please Dad go I am here for Mom.And he died. At the funeral my husband spook and did a beautiful job. None of my brothers could do it. Later my Mom thank my husband and said will you please speak at my funeral. And he said he would. But he died before my Mother so I had to do it in honor of my husband. It was hard, here I had in front of a lot of people speak Dutch. Almost all the years I lived here i did not speak Dutch. But I think I did a good job. Later when I was home again I did get a beautiful letter from my Mom's doctor giving me a compliment. One big feeling happened with me when my Mom died, I am now the eldest and maby next to go. I know this is normal but no one wants that feeling. So I made up my mind age is a number and I am not going to get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment