Sunday, March 22, 2009

friendships

Friends have always mend a lot to me.As a child we played outside with the neighborhood kids. My real good friend was Trijntje Nyholt. We stayed in touch trough all the years I have been gone. She passed away a few years ago. I was 22 years old when I came here, had a baby and before I knew a second and then a third So making friends was not that easey Those years my husband worked a Rochester Lincoln Bank.After five years he started to work at Kodak. Here we met some real nice people named Mike and Peg. They became my brother and sister trough the years.Then came Betty and Bill, Helen and Joe, Reggie and Dick. We all have been like a family. We traveled together, had our weddings, aneversaries, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren. We where there for one and other.When Bill died we where there for Betty. Then Betty had a stroke and we were there for her.When I had my spinal fusion they all were my support.Then my husband died and Mike was there for me . A other couple we met in the beginning were Ruth and Warren. This was when we lived by No 11 school. They were the ones that introduced us to camping. We used there tent and we fell in love with the outdoors.Every year we went for two weeks camping. Then we met Norm and Jeane.They nought some land in Penn Yen area. Spend some good times with them and liked the idea of a piece of land. So we bought some land South of Naples. 15 acres.Great memories. Special to share it with grandchildren.Also our friends where there often. Through Norm and Jeane we met Joanne and Julius.And they became good friends. In honor off all my friends I have invited them for dinner at the Avon Inn on May 2 to celebrate my 60 years in the U.S.A.I also invited my children but they do not remember the early years. All my friends say they wanted to come, but some have a little problem with health. And I understand that. But I realy want to thank them for always being there for me. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment