Saturday, October 17, 2009

Different Times.

Today I wrote a long letter to my brother. I was bringing up how the times are so different then when I was a teenager.I was telling him that the weather was bad here today and that I felt a little sorry for my self. You are alone and you have to keep up you spirits. And then I was thinking back at my Grandmother [Beppe Trien]. She lived in a small town. Did not have a phone our T.V.. Video's our tapes. Not even a radio. She had her Bible and love to read. She was a great cook. I remember her red cabbage and her slow cooked meat. She always had koek by the coffee . But I wonder what went on in her mind. Her husband died in his 60.the. My mother was good to her en visit her as often as she could. But she had five children and special in the war she had her hands full.I do not understand why I am not happier then they where.I have every thing that suppose makes you happy. I think I get to know what is going on. Your mind is doing it. If we tell ourselves that all the things make you happy, it does not. I miss my walking, but you go outside and look at nature the you start to think different.I look out my windows and see nature it makes you stop and think. It is so beautiful and peaceful. So times are different but nature is the same. Not all the material things make you happy,Loving nature and family that is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment