Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Camping

Today I went to the hospital for my pacemaker check. I got a pacemaker about four years ago and once a year the Surgeon has to check it. He said my pacemaker is working about 80%. So I realy need it.And he thinks I have about a other four years on this battery . I have a St. Jude pace maker.So I told my Dr. I am going to make the best of the help I get. So I am thinking of this summer. I know I am going for the 4the July to New York City. Fire works at the Hudson. But then this week my granddaughter said, David and I where talking that we would like to go camping this summer and anyone who would like to go can come. I said great. I love family and the outdoors, and when you can get that together I am all for it. Years ago we started to camp as a family because that was all we could effort. A friend lend us a great big tent and we went up North in to Canada.A car without aircondition and 85 Degree outside. Then three girls in the backseat. A trunk full and a box on top of the car and there we went. We had a Coleman lamp for light and out side a campfire for cooking. One pot meals. It was fun and this was our home for two week every summer. We where hooked. Then we bought a Cox popup camper. Boy we hit the Jackpot. We traveled to Main, Michigan and New york State. Untill The campgrounds changed, noise and dirty bahtrooms. So we started to look for some land and found 15 acres in Prattsburg N.Y.There we put our camper.After a while we started to think of putting up a one room cabin. Well that was a joy. A woodburning stove. No running water or light. But this was our home away from home.My husband and I spend lots of great times there. Sometime with family, our some good times with friends. Great memories, but the best times where when we where the two of us. We cut down trees for the woodstove, and we planted trees and made the land greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment