Sunday, April 5, 2009

The terrible four.

I went out for lunch yesterday with my three daugters. This was my birthday present. Once a month out for lunch. And I enjoy it. It is great to see them together. But in confersation Louise said I have never heard you say the terrible four. So I better explain. Every summer when the four would come to our house for some days, we had a great time and I know the kids have a lot of found memories. One summer I think it was Jimmy and Kim wrote a poem for us . The Terrible Four, Right now Kim has the poem ,mabey some day I will post. But the four of them sang it to grandma and grandpa. It was funny.I always feel bad the four have so many memories, then later Jeff came and he did not have the same experience. He came five years after Kristy. And alone to your Grand parents is or was not as much fun. Now that I think back there are so many great things that happend. But I love them just as much now that they are 29, 30, 31 and 32. And Jeff is also grown up almost 25.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Bodenstaff,
    As the internet connects us with old friends, I have often searched for Louise and only tonight hit on your blog. Louise was my best friend and roommate in college at Geneseo. I was Gail Preston then. I remember visiting your home many times with Louise. You were so welcoming. It is wonderful to read your stories here; this is a treasure for your family.
    I would love to reconnect with Louise. Will you pass along my email address to her?
    gdpharris@comcast.net I live in Richmond, Virginia now.
    Best wishes, Gail Preston Harris

    ReplyDelete